You've Gotta Get It

We've Gotta Get Blogging......Random Thoughts, Random Experiences, and a Lot of Random Stuff.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Quality vs. Quantity

I frequently hear people talk about how many friends they have, how many followers they have, and how many of everything they have.

Last night I attended a dinner event where the discussion was about how many people weren't there. I thought to myself, what about the people that were there? Enjoy your surroundings. Embrace the new people that you had the opportunity to meet.

Which brings me to my next point.......I met Gary. Gary really has had a rough time over the past few months. Tough time in his marriage. Tough time not getting to see his children all of the time. And, the biggest tough time when I asked where he lived.........His response "With my ummm ummmm my 80 year old mommy." I told him I thought that was awesome. The women I was with said it was awesome. Why? It's not about a 55 year old man living with his mommy. It was about a 55 year old man spending quality time with his mom.

Here's the bottom line (excuse the list):
1.How many friends on Facebook is really not something you should brag about. How many of those friends you have a quality relationship with is what matters.
2. How many followers on Twitter is really not something you should brag about or beg for more. How many of those followers you build relationships and engage is what matters.
3. Build your circle of friends, acquaintances and loved ones based on quality.

How you treat others will provide the answer to the quality of the relationship. It's not how many; it's how valuable they are to you and you to them.

1 comment:

  1. So true....at the end of the day, its the quality of your love circle....Excellent post <3

    ReplyDelete