You've Gotta Get It

We've Gotta Get Blogging......Random Thoughts, Random Experiences, and a Lot of Random Stuff.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Untitled

Things happen in 3s. Unfortunately, this week has really been a challenging week for two very close friends.

My childhood BFF lost her dad. A kind soul with a giant heart, Jerry always was there to cheer me on at my softball games. His warm smile and his open door policy at his house always made me feel really special. Jerry, you truly were a gem.

I arrived home tonight to find a message from my closest guy BFF, DP. He wanted to let me know his gram had passed away today. 94 years young, Grandma Bessie was amazing, and DP was (shhhhh!!) her favorite. I asked him what I could do to help the family. DP's response was, "I know I can be honest with you.....I really need you at the funeral with me on Monday." My response to him was "You got it!" I am so touched that he was honest as he was the one standing on my right side when we laid my Ga to rest. Yes, I too was Ga's favorite.

I hope the 3's doesn't come true. However, I know no matter what, I will always be there to help my friends. One more thing, don't forget to tell your BFF "I love you."

Judy L.
P.S. Did I tell you my college BFF was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last week? Guess what.......I told her I would be there for her every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. What's the word for a female mensch? Regardless, you're chalking up a few mitzvahs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the 3rd came. My new friend Leslie lost her mom this morning. :(

    ReplyDelete